Fun day with Ed, Bill and a few others out at Laurel skatepark.
Ahh, good old Lansdowne.
One of the oldest skateparks on the Beast Coast from what I understand. I’ve been skating here since around about 1984 or so, I learned how to do a kick turn here. I have tons of fond memories at this park and things have definitely changed since the old free for all days. There’s fences up, official hours, papers to sign, and full pads required.
It’s all good though, I’m grateful to still be able to ride this amazing piece of skate history.
Simplify and have something to say.
Short drum and bass mix I put together a long while back.
In tribute and loving memory of my good friend Josh Smith, aka Dj Vertigo. Rest in peace, brother.
I usually don’t mix drum and bass but one day I thought I would step out of my 4/4 comfort zone and try my hand at a short, impromptu drum and bass mix. I headed over to beatport.com and bought 7 tracks I liked, fired up the turntables and my serato box and threw this together. I’d only briefly previewed the tracks before making the mix and did this on one take with no edits, so it’s a little gritty in places, but still worth a listen.
- The Awakening – Original Mix : Hive & Gridlok
- Witch Hunt – Ctrl-S Remix : Gridlok, Controlled Substance
- Hollywood feat. Elhornet Of Pendulum – Original Mix : Gridlok
- Prophecy – Original Mix : Rusher
- Exaline – Original Mix : Nine Elms
- Dark And Blue – Original Mix : Maztek
- Claws – Original Mix : Dizplay